Monday, December 22, 2008

In Blairsville Georgia

Just got to Blairsville Georgia yesterday to spend the Christmas holidays with my family and it's FREEZING today! 11 degrees of cold weather that we woke up to. It's nice to be here with family and that makes me think about Christmas' from years back as a child when all of my grandparents were alive and how excited I was to open presents and then have Christmas dinner at my grandmother Berry's house. Their house was (still standing) a wood framed house with no central hear and air, only huge fan and several heaters in different rooms but somehow it always seemed to be toasty in grandma Berry's house even when it was not cold, that was just the way she always made us feel! I miss all of my family members that have passed away over the years but I especially miss Grandma Berry! She is with us in our hearts though and I feel that. It's nice how different holidays can bring back wonderful memories.

That is all for now gotta play Rock Band 2 with my niece and nephew!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment