Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day


Today is Christmas and its 10:06pm. The day started out getting up early and we have some traditions in our household as I am sure most family's do. Ours starts out with each of us getting our stockings and normally they are filled with fun little trinkets that relate to each of us. Mine of course had things with horses and dogs since I spend a lot of time riding my horse and enjoying my two jack russell's. One of Dads stocking stuffers was a harmonica and as soon as the package was opened he began to play us a tune or two and he can really play it! It would take quite a bit of time sharing what all of us did receive in our stockings since there were 9 of us total but trust me each of us had a wonderful time and had a lot of good laughs. After the stocking stuffers it was time for the breakfast casserole's and they are always YUM! Then it was time to get into the gifts and that we did, from remote control helicopters to Jewelry and more. We all enjoyed opening gifts and it is even better to watch the kids open they make Christmas so much fun.

We had our big Christmas dinner yesterday evening so all day today we munched on left overs and when I say all day I mean all day!!!! Me and my sister Lori and her son Ryan decided to go on a hike up Chestnut Mountain and try to burn some calories. I have to say I now know for sure that I am totally out of shape but I endured it and glad that I did because the view that high up was beautiful. From that view we could see Mom & Dads cabin and normally you would not be able to but because its winter the leaves are gone off the trees so we had a clear shot at it. Anyway we made it back down just in enough time to see a Frosty (snowman) sighting and that was fun :-).

It's late and time to close out this blog, but I do want to add a few more lines. Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus and I am thankful to my parents for bringing me up in a home that loves the Lord. I feel very blessed today!

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment