Friday, January 2, 2009

First Training Day


Today was the day I decided to get started on this training thing, I gotta say I have always said I hate to run and that is the honest truth! But not to long ago when some close friends came down to compete in a triathlon it grew on me and then with my sister Lori egging me on I decided to get my lazy butt up and start to train. My first goal is a 5k which is 3.2 miles and to some that is just plain simple but to an out of shape chick like me its like the thought of climbing Mt. Everest!

 I started out with a run walk this morning and during the run I literally thought my legs were going to melt off my body but I stuck with the program that I am following and made it through! A verse in the Bible kept slapping me in the face "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" I tell you I held on to that but each time around that track I kept thinking Lord you gotta help me and He did, as always he is faithful. 

There are a few runs coming up that I would like to attempt but I am not going to share those dates yet, I will do that at a later date. I want to make sure they are achievable for me before I let that go :-) 

See ya,

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment