Monday, February 16, 2009

Flatwoods Trail Ride-Fun Day!

Today was the first day that I have gotten out in the past two weeks or so to exercise since my mishap with my knee which by the way is doing so much better so I am hoping that I can start running again and I have a feeling that sometime before the week is out I am going to give it a try but will work into it slowly.

I went with Lori, Raul, Ryan & Sarah today to Tampa to a bike trail that seemed to go forever but the trail was absolutely wonderful and it was like a breath of fresh air to get out and get active again and I can not wait to do it again. This was the first day out on my new bike and it took a bit of getting used to. I am not used to having my shoes clipped onto my pedals and it takes some getting used to especially when you are stopping!! I could share some stories from today but I am afraid that I would get into trouble but let me tell you we all had some great laughs today and everyone was a good sport in spite of the mishaps. On the trail we did get a bit confused on the direction to go but we all made it back to where we started and we put 14 miles on our bikes today which was way more than what we planned to do. All in all though it was an awesome day, spending time with friends and family was so much fun and it was a time to build great memories with many more to come on this new adventure with these bikes :-).  Oh and my friend Stephanie came to ride with us all the way from Bradenton she got in about 4 miles since she was not their when we got started but it was great to see her. After the ride we all had to go to Leroy Selmons for lunch and if you have not been there GO! They have the best fried green tomatoes you have ever sunk your teeth into. 


                                                   (In this picture my sister Lori and me)

I filmed a video today also but was unable to upload the it onto this blog for some reason so if you are reading this blog and want to see the video just shoot me an email and I will get it to you.

Going for now but will catch up with you soon....PROMISE :--)

Be blessed this week.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment