Monday, February 9, 2009

Walking Instead Of Running Today






It's been since last Monday since I ran/training as you may already know from my last blog I shared my frustrations about my know giving me problems yet I continue to experience problems with it still! My pain has gone way, way down and I think is much better but I still have some pain that will just all of a sudden show up, its just crazy and I am so ready to get past it so I can finish my 8 week training.

Today after work I decided to get all my gear together and get out to the track and give it a try. My training schedule called for a 10 minute run, 5 minute brisk walk, 10 minute run. I started the 10 minutes with a walk then I tried to push into a jog but my knee is just not ready for it just yet so I just decided to do the full 25 minutes with a brisk walk and it ended up to being about a 2 mile's. I was glad to be able to do that and it put me back in that space that I have been missing for the past 7 days but with out the running which I miss. I am praying that I will be back at it 100% soon.

Anyway I am looking forward to the rest of the week.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment