Thursday, January 8, 2009

5th Day of Training!




Well its the 5th day in training for a 5k and I a
m still a long way from being in shape. I took two days off (Tuesday and Wednesday) of this week. I needed a break to let my knee and heel rest and I am glad that I did, my left knee was stiff, sore and slightly swollen so it was nice to give it a rest.

Lori met me at the track after work, her goal today was to run 2 miles and she did that with no problem and of course she did not walk at all, she ran the whole way. I am not at that point yet and it only motivates me to get there but it is not going to happen overnight, its going to take some time and dedication to get there! I can think of many things that I could do instead of getting out on the track that are much more enjoyable but it all comes back to health and Lori shared about that in an earlier blog.

Well that is it for now tomorrow brings another day with another workout and I am not sure when I am going to get it in but I will make sure it happens.

See ya,

Karen

1 comment:

  1. My Nike watch is off as well. I don't know why they are like that, but they are. It's frustrating! They come up short on the distance. There's been many times that I've clocked it in a car just to make sure and the watch has been short every time! Makes me angry! :-) Oh well.

    Keep training!!!

    tc

    ReplyDelete