Sunday, January 18, 2009

I want to say THANK YOU to my Sistah Karen for helping me through my trauma yesterday.

She offered to hang back and stay with me after my fall, but I told her to GO ON and I'd meet her at the finish line. It was her 1st 5k, and I wanted her to give it her all.

I was ticked-off & hurting, but REFUSED to stop. I was determined to make it to the end, and I did (which probably wasn't very smart considering the swelling and bleeding that was going on..). 

I am PROUD of you Karen, (a.k.a. Karo-Quatro)!!
You are faithful to your training, even when I haven't been able to join you. 

Keep it up, because your NEXT 5k will be on February 14th right here in Plant City.
Sould' Out Youth MInistries is sponsoring the "Strawberry Distance Challenge" on February 14th, and I'm signing you and Ryan up.

Thanks again for a great time (road-rash & all) yesterday. It's been fun being a part of your training. Sure do wish our older Sister, Kellie, lived close so she could be a part of this!

I'll be hitting the pavement with you as soon as I can heal my knee, so keep on keeping on!

Here's to no more ROAD-RASH:)

Lori D.

No comments:

Post a Comment