Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Training In Mom & Dads Neighborhood!



Later this afternoon me & Dad went to Brandon to a meeting that turned out to be a very productive one for In The Field Magazine (Marion/Levy). Right now there are some things going on that need immediate attention but its going to take some time so between now and then we just have to keep pushing through these challenging days and stay positive. 

Running really seems to help me clear my mind and even though I am listening to music when I run I am still able to let all the stress and concerns from the days just pass by, at least for that amount of time which is refreshing. God always seems to be on the fore front of my thoughts, I always have a chat with Him and He knows exactly what is going on in every aspect of my life. I am thankful that I know Him and I have to thank my parents for that. 

Ok back to my training update! My workout went well tonight, I ran in my parents neighbor hood and it was nice to have a change of scenery even though I was using the street lights to brighten my way! My training consisted of 5 minute run, 4 minute walk and repeat that 4 times so the total distance was about 2.5 miles which was great and I felt good but glad it was over all in the same. Today was a long day so I was just ready to get done and go home and cook on the faithful George Foreman grill :-). 

Gotta close for now but stay close...will shout at you tomorrow.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 corinthians 9:24

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment