Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Bike, Exciting Day!



Today was a day spent with my sister Lori her husband and their son Ryan who will be in the 6th grade next year. We went to Tampa to try out some road bikes out and we ended up staying practically the whole day. The day went well Lori bought a new bike and I ended up getting one as well and will pass along my old bike to my nephew. My bike is a Specialized Roubaix . I am looking forward to training on the bikes but we all have a lot to learn yet but this journey will be a great one! On the upcoming blogs I will make sure to take some pictures for everyone to see.  

My run tonight called for a brisk 3 minute walk,  jog 18 minutes and another brisk walk for 5 minutes. I made it through and was pleased that I ran the 18 minutes with out passing out!!!!!! BUT it was rough at first  when I started out my knees were SHOUTING but they settled down thank the Lord. I am still not where I need to be with this whole thing but I know the longer I do the training and stay the course the easier it will get .  

Looking forward to sharing about the new bike and the training side of it but I am ready to close for now I can barely keep my eyes open need to get some rest.

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment